Thursday, 23 June 2011

French Foliage brayered card
















Hello everyone for once my lack of updating yesterday wasn't my fault! It seems that Blogger was having a bit of an issue with anyone uploading photos.

Today's card is a bit of an experiment, I had seen brayered resist cards before but never was able to recreate one to my liking but the colours in the Regals collection seemed to call out to do this card.


First I used the babywipe technique I used before here with Cherry cobbler, Cajun Craze and More Mustard on to glossy card stock. I then used the two large leaf images in the French Foliage set to stamp over the coloured card with Versamark ink. This is such a good buy from the catalogue, you can use it so much and it adds to what you can do with your existing stash. Once I had the design I wanted I sprinkled clear embossing powder over and heat embossed until the leaves turned shiny.



That design in itself was really nice but I wanted a more autumny feel and if I had added the green with the rest of the colours in the babywiping stage it would have turned brown. So I grabbed my trusty brayer and brayered Old Olive over the top of the sheet.



I loved the card as it was so I layered it on to a black card to show off the gorgeous colours and not to detract from them. I was a bit lost as to what to do for a greeting or sentiment, and if I'm honest with myself I would probably do it differently next time but I thought that the vellum for this was subtle enough to tie in with the card. The Regals brads were really useful for attaching the sentiment and matched perfectly thanks to Stmapin' Up's coordinating colours.







I hope you like this card, I have been really inspired lately to do masculine cards using this stamp set. See you tomorrow (Blogger permitting!)

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Claire, I have just ordered the French Foliage stamp set today! So I can have a play at doing this card once it arrives.
    Luv Lynney
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Claire. Love the colours you've used as I adore the autumnal shades for leaves lol K

    ReplyDelete